Solution:Error adding derby jars to project

I recently trying to add the derby plugin into the eclipse. When I try to add derby nature (PS: right-click on the java project -> "Apache Derby" -> "Add Apache Derby nature"  ),I get the pop up says :

Error adding Derby jars to the project: org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow cannot be cast to org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow

error pop up

Does this picture look familiar? Error adding Derby jars to the project

What I was Using is when facing this problem :
  • jdk1.7.0_03
  • Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (Win32) version Juno (build from 2012/06/14) 
  • derby-core-plugin 10.8.2 and -ui-plugin 1.1.3 (as there is no eclipse plugin for the latest version 10.9.1.0) 

I also google about this problem before but i can't find any solution. After I try many time ,I finally found a way to solve it! A bad method,but take a look!

Solution:
The solution is download another version of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers like Europa!
You can download the europa version at the eclipse website.
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/europa/winter
Then follow the instruction to install derby into the eclipse.It should be work!At least it work on my computer.
If you can solve the problem using the juno version , you may share the method at the comment below! Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading and Writing Operation of SRAM

Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)

File transfer from android to linux